Wound Healing Coherency Tool¶
The Wound Healing Coherency Tool can be used to analyze scratch assays. It measures the area of a wound in a cellular tissue on a stack of images representing a time-series. An example image can be found here: TimeLapse_2.tif.
The macro needs FeatureJ and MorphoLibJ to be installed. In FIJI they can be installed via the updater by activating the ImageScience update site and the IJPB-plugins site. To install the tools, drag the link Measure_Wound_Healing_Coherency.ijm to the ImageJ launcher window, save it under macros/toolsets in the FIJI installation and restart FIJI.
Select the "Measure_Wound_Healing_Coherency" toolset from the >> button of the ImageJ launcher.
- the first button opens this help-page.
- the m button starts the measurement on the active stack
By right-clicking on the m button you can open the options dialog.
- radius close: the radius of the morphological close filter that is applied after a mask has been created
- radius open: the radius of the morphological open filter that is applied after a mask has been created
- radius big close: after small objects have been eliminated a close filter with this radius is applied
- min-size: minimum size of tissue objects that will be taken into account
- sigma for coherency: to calculate the coherency, "FeatureJ structure" is used to calculate the smallest and largest structure eigenvalues. Sigma is passed to the FeatureJ Structure smoothing parameter.
- window size for coherency: to calculate the coherency, "FeatureJ structure" is used to calculate the smallest and largest structure eigenvalues. Window size is passed to the FeatureJ Structure integration parameter.
[ | | |
- ImageJ practical skills - cell scratch test analysis (Chinese) - Instructions of how to install and use the tool.